Help us to update and correct the Louvain-la-Neuve road network !
In this project, we will mainly correct the existing roads in the city. Some roads are missing and some should be redrawn.
Created by ThibPhil - Updated - Priority: medium
- Entities to Map
- highways only
- Changeset Comment
- #osmbe-5 #Louvain-la-Neuve #LLN #LLN-Highways When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
A lot of roads are already mapped in Louvain-la-Neuve area. Please use the JOSM validation tool to detect errors and warnings.
Typical verification steps
- Check the geometry and localisation of the ways. Don't forget to add the missing interesections with other highways.
- Check the tagging (correct highways). See Tips for more informations.
- Check and/or add maxspeed and lanes tags. See Tips for more informations.
- For the imagery, you can use SPW(allonie) most recent aerial imagery. Be careful, there is an offset with Bing imagery. You can use imagery_offset_db for JOSM to get already saved offset corrections.
- Bing Imagery is less up-to-date
Take care about underground roads in the center of the city. We should check the "layer" tag and be sure that road segments are correct (between underground and outdoor).
- You can use JOSM filters to concentrate on roads.
- Use the wiki page about road convention in Belgium to tag highways correctly (link: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Belgium/Conventions/Highways).
- For lane tagging, refer to the wiki page : http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:lanes. In JOSM, you can use the plugin turnlanes-tagging (graphic help to edit lanes).
- More informations on slowroads tagging on Belgium osm wiki (link: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Belgium/Conventions/Slowroads).
- More informations on cycleway tagging on Belgium osm wiki (link: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Belgium/Conventions/Cycleways).